Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This thing has how many MP? 6.1

So with the pictures I have shot thus far, the D70s totally out shoots my SD1000. Of course it's a dSLR vs. a ultra compact point-n-shoot, but aside from the ton of adjustable manual/automatic features, lens (don't tell me, i know already), etc. the photos themselves are of greater quality and sharpness. Before I thought what most naive consumers believed (yes, I drank the punch too), that the higher the megapixels the sharper the image and so forth. This is wrong, or somewhat felt wrong after seeing the photos I've taken now. So I did a little research, and found an article worth reading, it's so aptly named, "Breaking the Myth of Megapixels" by New York Times writer David Pogue. Have cup of joe, and enjoy a good read; learn for yourself, what I learned the not-so-easy way.

Check out this pic of a sensor comparison of a dSLR vs. a compact one. You can decide which is which.

No comments:

Post a Comment